This is a 1942 Lithgowicon that was re-arsenaled in 1945. It received a new 1945 dated barrel then I assume. I also assume some wood was changed. The stock and hand guards have been there done that look and forewood does not. It is coachwood by the way. I have shot about 500 rounds through it since I owned it. When bought it showed to be stocked up correctly from my readings of Peters work here and shot well. Last week while out on a session the forewood cracked as can be seen in the photograph. The crack follows a wood grain line.

So to my question since I want to fix it. Would the correct WWII and later fix be vertical drilling through the crack and gluing brass pins in place along with the crack. Or would if have been done by installing a couple "Dutchmans" and gluing it all up. I'm comfortable doing either repair but find myself trying to do these repairs more traditionally the older I get. Thanks in advance for answers.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.