Threaded View

Last On
    09-19-2023 @ 12:24 AM
    Local Date
    06-03-2024
    Local Time
    04:24 AM

Back to the Inland for my Home Defense carbine

Well, I had strayed away from using my 50s rebuilt, 6 digit Inland as my home/ranch defense carbine. I was using either an AR or Kel-Tec SU-16 loaded with MK262 MOD1 77 grain ammo. While very good for coyote busting, I have concerns about over penetration, now that there is a house going in close to the property line.

Thus, I have decided to switch back to the trusty old M1icon Carbine, loaded with Hornady Critical Defense ammo. Critical defense tops USGI ammo by about 100 fps, and feeds flawlessly through my carbine because of the FMJ shape of the projectile with its FTX polymer plug in the HP cavity.

After all, the Carbine served my dad well on Iwo Jima, and me well as an LEO trunk weapon before it became an "AR-world."

My furthest coyote shot possible on the property is just a tidge over 100 yards. Since my current M1 carbine is dead nuts on at 100, and I have whacked Blacktail deer in the past at 100 yards, VERY successfully with the Carbine, I think it will do well. Besides, the M1 carbine is a lot more fun to shoot!

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by imarangemaster; 03-22-2017 at 12:17 PM.