All,

I recently snarfed up some black-tip 30-06 pulled bullets at an auction at a quite nice price. Just the impetus I needed to finally pull the trigger and buy that reloading kit.
I went with the Lee Breech Lock kit.
Bought my dies, a can of IMR 4895 (some prelim Googling suggested it) and some CCI 200 primers.

I also grabbed the "One Book/One Caliber" for the 30-06 but as a newbie, I'm still a bit lost.

The book has a host of 165 grain bullets and they all have different suggested load and COALs.

The average would be a starting charge of 45 grains, a max charge of 49.1, and a COAL of 3.278". With a good sized range between those figures.

I'd like to load up these bullets with a moderate load. I'd plan on shooting them from my 1903A3 but it's not impossible that I'd shoot them in my Garandicon. In all likelihood though, they'll be nifty trinkets in my gun safe for the foreseeable future.

Anyway, any direction you can give me would be much appreciated. No small bit of advice is too small. This is my very first foray into reloading. Thank!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.