USGI,
I ran across an older post showing how you pushed your rear sight over... to equal the windage adjustment range. And I noticed the 2 spacers that go inside the sights' side base walls to protect from crushing them in.

Couple questions....
Did the 2 little spacers on either side of your sights' elevator come with the tool ?
If not.... Did you make them ? If so from what ? To refresh your memory, here's your tool in action:

I have a R and R tool for rear sights that came with a little bridge that sets over the peep, to keep from caving in the sides. It worked very well on a Type II milled rear sight I removed from a import carbine a friend bought.

But now I'm just wondering how well this set up will work on a Type I Leaf Flip sight.
I'm finally at the point to finish up my ROCK-OLA that I'm ashamed to say has taken me years to gather the correct/original parts for, let alone what I paid for these parts. Needless to say I don't want to ruin a real RMC flip. The original RMC Flip sight is still on it, so I guess I could see how well it comes off. No choice I have to pull it off, after years of looking I couldn't find just the peep (which has been notched on both peeps), it was worth a try to find a beat to hell base from using big brass..etc drifts and pulling the leafs and spring off, but no luck.....

Has anyone used this Matrix tool on a Flip sight either installing or removing, with no damage... aka like bending in the side walls ?

Here's a picture of the Rear sight R and R Tool I have from Matrix:

A Very Merry Christmas Would Be a Email Or PM With a Offer Of a REAL S'G' Flip Sight for Sale.....

TIA,
Charlie-Painter777
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.