Hello,

I am new to post but have been a lurker for a long time, I currently own one T less savage and a nice BSA both are correct. I recently bid and won an auction on a very earl OC serial range Savage, but it has some “potential flags” about it. For starters the rear sight was swapped for a national match Parker Hale (nice addition) and this could have been done by a shooter was enthusiastic about increasing accuracy.

The second give away is the king screw swivel missing, I know these weren’t always issued but at times of overhaul they were out fitted. Third, the buttstock isn’t a savage butlooks to be a different wood from the rest. Serial range is an early 1943, I have a three day inspection window and it will arrive tomorrow. I’m going to post the link to the gunbroker auction (ended) to see if I can get any thoughts before it arrives. I do own the armourers perspective and has come in handy, but with this rifle I need a little more help. I should also mention it has the “TR” on the socket but no “T” on the receiver wall, and at one point was issued a scope or it seems it was.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/821686445
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.