Last On
    Today @ 04:34 PM
    Real Name
    Ovidio Gentiloni
    Local Date
    05-31-2024
    Local Time
    03:30 AM
    Yesterday we had a decrease of 10 (sic) positives. Today of 851.
    This is really good news.
    The bad news is that those who call themselves Italianicon government keep behaving like drunken donkeys, affected by atavic stupidity...
    No serious decisions, no courage, no logics.
    Saturday, April 25th, Italy will, again, celebrate the “liberation” from nazifascism...
    We lost a war in an indecent way, had a civil war with lots of communist partisans who spent their time killing people for vengeance rather than trying to fight the Germans, and still...we celebrate...
    I consider September 8th (armistice, 1943) and April 25th (1945) two days of mourning.
    I think of how a country like ours could become a dictatorship, how we could quit the fight and see the Royal Family flee, abandoning the country, the high command of the armed forces evaporate, leaving a couple million soldiers without a guide, without orders, without a plan...
    A moral catastrophe that is still plaguing the country, even if no-one seems to remember it.
    Then we had a cruel and useless civil war. The communist partisans have invented a nice story in which they liberated the country (the Allied were probably on holidays in our beautiful south), then tried to throw Italy from the frying pan into the soviet fire.
    Killed thousands of people and gave a very negative imprinting to our poor state. And we celebrate...
    Now, since the old partisans are all dead, the association of those bloody assassins (there were also democratic or monarchic partisans. These were real patriots and have often been killed by their red colleagues toward the end of the war) needs new recruits, in order to keep the Italian politics under leftist pressure. So, guess what they’ll do Saturday?
    While the whole of Italy is under this frigging lock-down, they have been allowed to gather and parade through the cities...
    I swear I would like to shoot into that mass of idiots and then go pick the “authorities” who allowed them to do so one by one and have them hold my targets at 1000 metres. Iron sights only!
    I can’t believe this...
    I’m in such a rage I can’t articulate my thoughts correctly!
    In the meantime, the poor (sarc.) communication skills of the government and the slow bureaucracy of the state, are bringing the social temperature toward feverish levels.
    Lots of activities just started operating again, without waiting for authorizations or new provisions. No logical decisions come from above, so the people act for their own survival.
    People are getting more and more restless and vocal. More and more aggressively.
    The north is starting to boil.
    I guess this might be the time where the Italian people, or at least the northern ones, will consider civil disobedience and restart talking about secession.
    On my part, I’d agree. We’re three different countries pressed in a dinosaur called Italy. We should be a confederation at best.
    A weak federal superstructure and strong autonomous states.
    Still defcon three. Hopefully it will remain there...
    Last edited by Ovidio; 04-24-2020 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Grammar
    34a cp., btg. Susa, 3° rgt. Alpini

2. The Following 4 Members Say Thank You to Ovidio For This Useful Post: