04-07-2024 @ 11:10 AM
    Real Name
    Tim Rarick
    Local Date
    06-02-2024
    Local Time
    03:23 PM

Nasenlöcher im Regen

When I was an Instructor at Ft, Benning I met many non-US NCOs and officers who were either attending courses or were liaisons for those attending. One colorful character was a Germanicon BW Fallschirmjäger Sergeant Major who would jump with our HALO team occasonially. One day he met one our most obnoxious officers. When the officer left, SGM stuck his nose up in the air and exclaimed "Nasenlöcher im Regen!" He then smiled and winked and said it means "nose holes in the rain!". I never forgot that expression and still use it today to describe arrogant and obnxious attitudes.

I bore you with this story is for this reason:

I want to THANK ALL the members of this forum for the friendly and professional way they conduct themselves here. I don't ever see "Nasenlöcher im Regen" displayed here. I belong to and have belonged to many "Militaria" sites and it never seems to fail that many posters feel they are superior to other members in collection and knowledge. They always seem direct this attitude toward new members. This is especially true amongst the more senior members. This attitude rears its ugly head most often in M1icon rifle and helmet forums. It is the reason I no longer go to many forums anymore. Too much drama.

Thanks again.

BEAR
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 5 Members Say Thank You to BEAR For This Useful Post: