Posted on CGN ....

Winchester SNIPER (click here)

If you can't view the advertisement, it's probably due to the fact that you have to subscribe to the EE (Equipment Exchange) forums on CGN, in order to view them.

Seller says:

Winchester Garandicon Sniper [not Danishicon] 2 brass screws missing from cheekpiece Up for one day ,Price $2489.00

Thumbnail
Click to view the original image

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

First of all, I hate it when folks put up these FOR ONE DAY ONLY type of adverts. Makes me feel like I'm being hustled.

Anyway, it might be a reasonable buy if you really need an M1D sniper to round out your collection, providing it is an original "all correct" example.

One way to tell if a Garand sniper is a "put together" versus authentic is the barrel? Correct sniper rifles should be marked "-D73112555 A155B-" along with the barrel date. This one has the date and also may may be marked correctly for the drawing number, but it isn't shown in the pics. I'd ask for a pic of the barrel like the one below and check it against the drawing numbers shown, before buying.

We have one that hasn't had an entry created yet for the MKLicon, but it was re-barreled in June 1952 "SA-6-52" with correct M1D sniper barrel "-D73112555 A155B-"

M1D Garand Sniper Rifle Serial # 2640920
(Mfg by Springfield in March 1944)
c/w Dutch M84 (2.5x) Scope Serial # 25827

All M1D barrels were stamped with drawing number D7312555. M1D barrels manufactured through the fall of 1952 had the drawing number stamped on the top, underneath the rear hand guard. M1D barrels manufactured after the fall of 1952 had the drawing number stamped on the right side, adjacent to the date. Here's an example.......

Thumbnail

Regards,
Badger
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.