I inherited this last-ditch 99 several years ago from my grandfather. His cousin, an American soldier in the occupation, shipped it to him. It has been fired only since then and no more. Ammo for it was unobtainable back in those days. My grandpa was a talented machinist by trade, but he knew nothing of guns. He thought he could bore it out to accept a .410" shotgun shell and he would have a great, long-range, repeating shotgun! This was in the day when killing rabbits and squirrels was the only way his family survived. I seem to recall him telling me that he fired one round through it and that was all. I'm sure it didn't feed right, nor eject. It's a miracle he didn't hurt someone. Anyway, getting back to my reason for posting: The rifle (shotgun) will soon be loaned to a local museum as part of a "Guns of WWII" exhibit. I'm writing a very brief history of the type (won't mention the "modification"), and would like to include the location and date of manufacture. However, the ONLY numbers/symbols I can find are the S/N that is on the receiver and the last two digits are on the bolt. The mum has been ground off, which I know is typical. Can anyone tell with this limited information the location, or at least the approximate date it was made? Thanks
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.