Local Time
    04:11 AM

Yup! I got took...

Welllll Hellll,

I learned three lessons today;
    1.) Never Rush
    2.) Don't let the volume of "old stuff" let your guard down
    3.) Always look at the headstamp

We took a short trip to Las Vegas, and I stopped off at a PAWN shop to see what kind of old surplus, if any, rifles might be on the shelf. While there was not MILSURR, they did have a good amount to vintage ammo. Picked up some old SEARs, Western, and Remingtom 22 LR Cal. Some Modern Nosler Accubond and SP 270. Win, Surplus 30 Cal, 30-06, and some other stuff.

As part of the 30-06 buy, I bought four "Pocket Packs" of NITREX 30-06, Of course, I bought them, nice addition to my collection of the ODD ammo.

Back from the trip and getting everything put away, carefully removing the price tags not to damage the packaging. I open one of the boxes of NITREX and instantly said CRAP! I saw the FN 69 headstamp and knew instantly - "wat'ch you talkin' about Willis", something is ain't right...

Well... at least I have some vintage boxes and the loss is a minimum at $20.00 US, but a $1.00 a bullet for FN military surplus ball ammo is a hard one..

I doubt it was done intentionally by the store. ;/ but will send them a note about it:

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Veteran US Navy Seabees - US Army Corps of Engineers - American Legion Post 0867
    " Only two defining forces have offered to die for me. 1.) Jesus Christ 2.) The American G.I. "One died for your soul, the other for your freedom! "

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to usabaker For This Useful Post: