Just came back from our largest local retailer, the wife dropped me off on our way home from lunch and headed for The Pig with our little guy in tow. They just got in one of those new FN SCAR rifles. These are made across town I think, here at the FN factory in SC. Anyway, just out of curiosity, I asked the clerk to have a look. I'm well known in there as a fan of blued or parked steel and walnut, so he handed it to me and asked my why someone like me would "want one of these toys?"

Its pretty neat from a design standpoint, and looks "racy'. It certainly give an impression of much more solid construction than the AR, at least to me. The adjustable stock is nicely engineered. I don't know if its $3000+ of nice, but its pretty neat. Anyway, the afternoon crowds started coming in (we have Blue Laws for retail and alchohol sales down here on Sundays), and the gun never made it back across the counter as several people shuffled over to have a look. I headed into the pistol range for some practice with my carry gun. and before I left, I noticed that the gun was sold. $3250!!!! You could almost get a real NM Garandicon for that much, or a couple of pre ban M1as with a little patience.

To each his own, I guess.....
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.