FREE MEMBER
    NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    04-19-2016 @ 08:20 PM
    Local Date
    06-03-2024
    Local Time
    12:50 PM
    "NRA" has provided an excellent link for Garandicon stuff I just added to my Favorites.

Note that the Sportsman's Guide appears to be selling Korean (KA) and Iranian Surplus. They state that the Korean is 70's vintage and non-corrosive, and the Iranian is also non-corrosive. Actually I believe that the Korean IS non-corrosive because I suspect the KA headstamped ammo was switched over at some point to non-corrosive primers in the 70's (before or at the same time the Pusan arsenal "PS" produced theirs.) Some will assert that all Korean KA headstamp is corrosive, but I do not believe that. I know nothing about the Iranian ammo. I shoot a lot of KA ammo that is corrosive and the ammo and its brass is good quality. I only shoot my KA ammo in 1903s because cleaning the Garand gas system after shooting corrosive ammo does not appeal to me.

In shooting any foreign surplus, caution is in order to ensure the lot you get is really not corrosive and good quality so as not to harm your investment. I have heard the Iranian ammo is ok, but again I have no experience. The Greek HXP ammo I have is excellent quality, accurate and non-corrosive. If you can get some from CMPicon that is the best deal in town. If you get the PPU it will be noncorrosive, probably cleaner burning than surplus, and with brand new brass. So despite the price you may wish to look that over good. Good luck.
    Last edited by Gun Surfer; 07-08-2012 at 04:29 AM.