Thank you all! I picked up the watches today and I'm pleased. Both function and keep time just fine and the crystals are not cloudy or scratched. I still have a couple of questions though. I'm assuming the serial numbers on the watches are inventory numbers? First, the Waltham. I've taken some better pics (I hope) than the ones provided by the auctioneer. As you will note, the numerals are discoloured. I'm assuming they were radium painted and over time they've lost the illumination properties. Does anyone know how these were allocated to different units? I'm assuming army rather than air force or navy. On the inside of the screw-off back, it says "Sturdy Nickel Silver" and a serial number. What I had assumed to be scratches are actually very fine numbers and letters in 5 locations around the rim of the back. Maybe dates when the watch was serviced and by whom? It's a 17 jewel movement and in very nice shape. I'm still scratching my head over the one sold as "8 day Sherman Tank watch". Issued to a member of an armoured unit? Part of the inventory of a tank's equipment? On a nice note, the serial number on the back is also engraved on the bottom of the case. Curiously, there are 3 neatly abraded areas; on the movement, the inside of the back, and on the face just below the 12. I'm assuming a makers name has been carefully removed. By whom and why? I'm hoping someone can answer that. On the inside of the back there's an oval with the words "metal-extra blanc-garanti". So, with the new pics and information, can any of you shed any light on what exactly I've got my hands on? A better approximation of value? The only visible flaw is an open seam in the case back on the white faced watch. It looks like some idiot tried to pry the case open not realizing it was a screw back. It doesn't affect function but it is cosmetically unappealing and could probably be easily repaired by someone who knows what they're doing, but it probably degrades the value a little.