Quote Originally Posted by Singer B View Post
It comes with a 6 pound and 4.5 pound set of springs. I use them in about 90% of my builds because they are noticeably lighter and smoother than the standard milspec trigger/spring set. The ALG runs about $70.
Have to tested the actual installed weight of these? These geiselle gen2 2-stagers were supposed to be 4.5, but alas that was just the target spec. From what I've seen people writing, there is some variance in actual results.

Quote Originally Posted by micmacman View Post
sounds like the time frame has you at odds , left you un prepared
I doubt even with plenty of lead time I would go about buying a bunch more springs to do trial and error with. I did my due diligence with the half dozen or so spring sets I had lying around. The point of the exercise, and the OP, was an easy and safe method of turning a relatively cheap(er$$) trigger into perfection for what I wanted it for. I'm happy to report we did just that.

Quote Originally Posted by micmacman View Post
just for giggles , do you have any rifles with milspec triggers and a pull tester , geissele triggers are not all about springs they polish to reduce friction , a set of milspec springs with the polished components may drop you right in where you need to be
I do. I have my "as-issued" ar's with original triggers tuned to a clean 6-7 lbs and no creep. You are very correct that it's not hard to do this. I like the 2-stage triggers of all my old milsurps, and so I had enjoyed playing with these geiselle 2-stagers for target shooting for that very reason. Like I said, been using them as they were close enough and good enough out of the box for me not to care, but rules are rules, and I'm quite happy now with my results.