For future references:

Manufactured in Canadaicon by Long Branch of Ontario, this is an outstanding 1945 production Long Branch SMLE No. 4 Mk I* (T) sniper rifle. These rifles were used by both the Britishicon and Canadian armies during World War II and the Korean War. The rifle correctly has a rear sight without battle aperture that was fitted to British and Canadian No. 4 Mk I (T) sniper rifles along with the distinctive quick detachable telescopic sight mount. The left of the receiver is marked "No 4 Mk I*T/Long Branch/1945". The serial number, "71L0509" is marked on the left of the butt socket and on the rear of the bolt handle. "672-c" stamped on top of the stock wrist area, with small stamps on the bottom of the wrist area as well as the bottom front of the forend area. The scope tube is marked on top "TEL.STG.No 32 Mk 3/OS.2039A.(maker logo)No19098" in two lines. The scope mount is numbered "B34625" on the left , and both scope rings are correctly matched in sequence. It is complete with a set of original World War II British issue leather scope caps. With cleaning rope and oiler in the buttstock compartment.