Hybrid View

(Edged Weapons Forum)
    Last On
    02-23-2016 @ 03:41 PM
    Local Date
    06-02-2024
    Local Time
    11:10 PM
    Could also consider magnaflux, but, cracks get a no shoot tag in my shop everytime. I lost a very close friend from a bum Lee Navy, he installed four very small holes in his fore head. He was dead before he hit the ground. Since that day I have retired several guns in mint condition but, with questionable serial # range's. It's just not worth it-SDH
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

FREE MEMBER
    NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    03-09-2009 @ 01:36 AM
    Local Date
    06-02-2024
    Local Time
    10:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sdh1911 View Post
    Could also consider magnaflux, but, cracks get a no shoot tag in my shop everytime. I lost a very close friend from a bum Lee Navy, he installed four very small holes in his fore head. He was dead before he hit the ground. Since that day I have retired several guns in mint condition but, with questionable serial # range's. It's just not worth it-SDH
    Im sorry to hear about your friend. We do indeed have to be very careful. Hence why I havent had this out. The GK43 guys think its a forge flaw, and nothing to worry about, however, an x-ray will anwser that.

G43 cracks are quite common, but in the other end of the bolt carrier, hence why this one is a mystery. Also, ill need to buy a shooters kit, which reduced the gas pressure, and possible damage to the fragile g43 parts.

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
+ Reply to Thread