Thread: Tikka 91/30 PU sniper: real or fake?

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    @
    Local Date
    06-02-2024
    Local Time
    10:59 PM

Tikka 91/30 PU sniper: real or fake?

I picked this up at a gun show a couple years ago and I'm 99 and 44/100 percent convinced it's a fake and I bought it as such just for a shooter so no worries about being duped. Story time. The guy I got it from said he'd had if for about 20 years(anyone ever heard that line before) but did have parerwork(I still have it.... somewhere) showing he or someone bought in 1991 at a gun shop in N.C. and that it didn't have a scope or mount when he got it, just the rifle and base. He was trying to sell but nobody was interested saying it was a fake and $250 was the highest offer he'd had. I made a slightly higher offer and after some hesitation he took it. My reasons for thinking it's a fake are the bolt handle and the fact that Finn snipers are ultra rare. In fact I'd never heard of a Tikka 91/30 sniper at the time but later found out they do exist. Information on them is very limited with no pictures for comparison. I'm still convinced mine is a fake but would like to hear it from others just to be absolutely certain. It came with the scope and mount shown(added some years after purchase of the rifle according to seller) and shoots well. Bullet hole 7 o'clock low was my fault, trying to keep on target through the lonnnng trigger pull is a challenge. Range: 100 yds. No rest used, I mostly shoot as I would when hunting.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by vintage hunter; 04-02-2013 at 09:24 PM.