Threaded View

Last On
    03-10-2024 @ 07:16 AM
    Local Date
    05-19-2024
    Local Time
    11:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper740 View Post
    Very well done, my only comment would be that, if memory serves me correct, there were no full fence lower slick-sides made. The full fence lower was found on the model 603 which were the first of the M16A1's which were issued with forward assists and birdcage flash hiders.
    thank you , i dont doubt that about the lower, it took me 2 years to find the receivers i have , the clone stuff flys off the shelf , for two years that upper sat on a US Gov M4 lower ,, so when H&R released the M16A1 lower it was like the clouds parted for me and i was finally going to be able to get it done

i tell you what , i have a couple really nice Gucci AR's , have a Bushy DCM and a colt Match HBAR and this A1 is my favorite as far as style , i havnt even had a chance to even battle zero it yet , just ran 5 or 6 rounds test for function , man i love rifle length gas, im going to wait and do all at the same time , im Free Floating the Colt HBAR and im going to upgrade the sights on the DCM and the HBAR to NM hooded sights , the plan is to set both rifles up with the same gear , weights and all and pit the two against each other to see which is better , i cut some trees down last summer and leveled off a area to build a shoot shack , i can shoot from one mountain to the other and i still need to laser it but guessing it will be a 400 yard range

ran into a hiccup removing the barrel nut from the HBAR , it literally snapped 2 pins off my armorers wrench and when they let go it boogered up the nut , no big deal the FF tube has its own barrel nut , its a Rock River Arms NM A2 FF system , so im going to cut the D-ring off and touch a little heat to it and pipe wrench it off , dont ever buy a wheeler armorer wrench , i have a Real Avid on the way

they also released a H&R COTS M16A2 lower i finished this winter as well , have to get some pics of it , gun room is in disarray right now with other projects , and its snowing out , i will post some pics of it this weekend

2. Thank You to micmacman For This Useful Post: