Hi everyone. I've posted this on another forum but I guess it couldn't hurt to post it here too. I received this jacket from a dealer friend of mine who had bought it from the estate of a former military surplus dealer who has since passed. He picked this up for $25 and when he showed up to one of our local gun shows last weekend he offered it to me for $100. I just couldn't pass this up and went ahead and bought it. Doing my research on it all of the pieces that are with this jacket are original pieces and not repros (had some conflicting debates on the other forum about this) but I'm not so sure all of these were original to the jacket. From what I can gather this is a US Navy G 1 jacket with a mouton (i think that's how it's spelled) collar and a USN punched storm flap. Also the blood chit on the back is made of silk and has a serial number barely visible on it (I can only see the last two numbers which are 98) as well as the Chinese term for American barely visible (probably stamped on it as a transitional chit). There also seems to be sewn holes on the upper left sleeve where two patches had been at some point in its life but are now gone. Any help would be greatly appreciated in helping me solve this riddle and thank you.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.