Quote Originally Posted by browningautorifleicon View Post
I had a C7 clone myself back then and carried it daily without any notice...shot PWT with it. I'd show up for a bugout and be the first man ready, storeman notice someone with a rifle while his keys were still in hand, then saw it was me. I used to sign out C8 lowers for training when the females were trying to qualify, the short butt was still too long. All said we didn't need the C8. I reminded them of the AK's similarities that had dominated the battlefield for 40 years at that point. Yes, they finally realized we didn't need a bigger model.
Realistically it brings not much benefit for the size difference. With irons there is a bit of a argument due to longer sight radius, but with all the fancy optical sights in existence now it really doesn't matter. Either way the C7 isn't a big rifle, smaller than many of the bolt action carbines I have. What I can't wait for them to get rid of is the C79 sight, much better and lighter options in this day and age (no need for a 3-4lb sight on there). 25 years ago it was a pretty solid choice, now there is much more effective sights available.