1. It appears that you are you're enjoying our Military Surplus Collectors Forums, but haven't created an account yet. As an unregistered guest, your are unable to post and are limited to the amount of viewing time you will receive, so why not take a minute to Register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to our forums and knowledge libraries, plus the ability to post your own messages and communicate directly with other members. So, if you'd like to join our community, please CLICK HERE to Register !

Already a member? Login at the top right corner of this page to stop seeing this message.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carcano Rifles

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Hybrid View

Last On
    04-25-2024 @ 08:14 AM
    Local Date
    05-19-2024
    Local Time
    06:37 AM
    You're right about the clips for the 7.92 calibre rifles. I don't believe they were conversions though. I believe, Steyr purposely built those rifles. Not really sure why though. Lots of speculation on that subject though.

If you're interested, I modified a 7.92x57 mannlicher schoenauer clip to fit. It's a bit sloppy but works well. The rifles don't respond well to single feeding.

Many Carcanos were sporterised by Internation Firearms in Canadaicon. One of the things they did, to add value. was modify the trigger/mag housing to a double set trigger configuration. They misled many into believing the rifle was chambered in the 6.5x54MS, by only stamping 5.5mm on the barrels. I never heard of any accidents but it certainly POed a lot of people.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

Advisory Panel

Last On
    06-09-2023 @ 04:20 AM
    Local Date
    05-19-2024
    Local Time
    09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bearhunter View Post
    Many Carcanos were sporterised by Internation Firearms in Canadaicon. One of the things they did, to add value. was modify the trigger/mag housing to a double set trigger configuration. They misled many into believing the rifle was chambered in the 6.5x54MS, by only stamping 5.5mm on the barrels. I never heard of any accidents but it certainly POed a lot of people.
    Apparently Cooey DID convert some to a 0.264" bored 6.5mm MS caliber, which, dangerously enough, will chamber some 6.5 Carcano rounds.

Click on link below, if you are interested:

https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=15614
    Last edited by jmoore; 07-05-2010 at 07:48 AM. Reason: cleaning up mess

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
+ Reply to Thread