Ok gents, give me some support here. I'm going to pull the front sight on my carbine. I need to change out barrel bands. Never have done one, doesnt look too hard though. I have a puller now and I know you drift the pin out from the left side to the right, grease up the end of the barrel a little and use the puller. I've had people tell me a good piece of hard wood will work, but I went ahead and ordered a puller. After drifting the pin out, how tough are these rascals coming off of the barrel? I've worked on Hot-Rods all of my life, but I dont want to screw up my sight. A little support here is what I need, I'm sure these sights are pretty tuff. I dont have a Installer, I was going to drive it back on with a piece of hardwood and a brass drift real carefully. Now you guys tell me if I need one of the installation tools and I'll wait until I can order one, but if a piece of hardwood and a Brass drift will do the trick I'll give it a shot. I know there are a lot of you old timers on here that have probably done this a lot of times.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.