1. It appears that you are you're enjoying our Military Surplus Collectors Forums, but haven't created an account yet. As an unregistered guest, your are unable to post and are limited to the amount of viewing time you will receive, so why not take a minute to Register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to our forums and knowledge libraries, plus the ability to post your own messages and communicate directly with other members. So, if you'd like to join our community, please CLICK HERE to Register !

Already a member? Login at the top right corner of this page to stop seeing this message.

+ Reply to Thread
Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Hybrid View

Advisory Panel

Last On
    06-09-2023 @ 04:20 AM
    Local Date
    05-19-2024
    Local Time
    11:06 AM

Cool Long time zero update

Yes, ancient thread, but not much has changed since posting, so I thought reference to what went before might be useful.

It's been a long while since I last shot this rifle, but since I already got a deer this season with the now "old reliable" .223, it seemed a good time to have some fun with the milsurps in the woods.

In actual fact, I went to the range to help Lisa get comfortable with her new NRA High Power "Space Gun" and shot the Type 99 whilst she was taking a break.

Rather surprised to find that the zero (using the same Hornady 150gr ammo) was as good or better than ever! Only about an inch off at 100yds using the 100m marking in the 4x "Hollywood style" etched reticle. Rifle is still very precise as well.

The "battle sight" was usefully correct as well, being about an inch high and two inches right from being spot on at the same distance.

Very glad for the stability, as re-zeroing these and their 2,5x relatives can be quite a pill.

First real milsurp I've shot in some time, glad to be back, if ever so briefly!
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. Thank You to jmoore For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread