Isreali BRNO 308 converted to .30'06

did a search. any information on these rifles? I wanted to buy some parts but its not clear to me what to look under.

I bought a really nice BRNO 308 with the lion crest on the reciever. Over stamped with the 7.62. also burned into the butt was 7.62. its nice overall with a few minor dings in the stock most of the blue is still there. rechambered for .30'06. Have not shot it yet. $220.

alot of the other parts are german war proofed milled .

I want to get a few accessories for it like a front sight hood, sling cleaning rod ect. what do I call it when I shop for parts? Other than SARCO and Numrich does anybody else sell good quality parts for these rifles.

Are there any mauser specific forums.

would this rifle have been converted to 3006 by an importer? does anybody know who may have imported AND converted these riffles to 3006

alsoClearly as it was a 308 at one time the magazine follower is the shorter one for the 308 and the block was removed from themagazine. what is the correct magazine follower for a 3006? I'm thinking since it was 8mm first then 308 and now a 3006. maybe an 8mm follower is correct?

thanks
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.