Advisory Panel Patrick Chadwick's Avatar
    Last On
    06-25-2023 @ 06:36 AM
    Local Date
    05-20-2024
    Local Time
    03:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Beginner View Post
    I really do not want to scam a friend, so I really want to give him a accurate estimate, and if it is too much for me I will help him find a buyer that is willing to pay what the pistol is worth.

I hope that "Rote 9" is genuine. But C96s and Lugers have attracted a lot of fakers and falsifiers - because of the high collector value.

"Red 9 number 9" - that would be a smash hit at one of the serious auction houses. Worth very serious 4 figures. Almost too good to be true. So check it over extremely carefully. For instance the top 9 in the first photo looks like it could be a restamp. The very fact that so many parts are marked has encouraged the remarking of replacement parts.

But if it's all original...wow

"Red 9 number 9" would be a unique piece (because of the number) and will drive some collectors crazy. I think your friend will need to get it checked "hands-on" by a recognized expert. Photos are not enough. Plan on anything up to 10k if you want to buy it.

Patrick
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. Thank You to Patrick Chadwick For This Useful Post:

Last On
    03-11-2023 @ 02:20 PM
    Local Date
    05-19-2024
    Local Time
    09:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chadwick View Post
    I hope that "Rote 9" is genuine. But C96s and Lugers have attracted a lot of fakers and falsifiers - because of the high collector value.

"Red 9 number 9" - that would be a smash hit at one of the serious auction houses. Worth very serious 4 figures. Almost too good to be true. So check it over extremely carefully. For instance the top 9 in the first photo looks like it could be a restamp. The very fact that so many parts are marked has encouraged the remarking of replacement parts.

But if it's all original...wow

"Red 9 number 9" would be a unique piece (because of the number) and will drive some collectors crazy. I think your friend will need to get it checked "hands-on" by a recognized expert. Photos are not enough. Plan on anything up to 10k if you want to buy it.

Patrick
    Ok, this is very useful info! Thank you, Patrick! I will have to take it to a fellow I know that knows a lot more than me about these... Man, I was going to offer my friend about 1000€ for it, not knowing better. Oh, and in case it is of any help: the part with the stamp that might look restamped has two more stamps on it ( I think the part is called "Lock mechanism frame", all the internal parts are attached to it...). These are only visible when disassembled. The part has a "1" on it in the front and a "0" in the middle. Do these numbers indicate anything? Also, please let me know if you are interested in more pictures of anything special, I will do my best to get good pictures...

4. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
+ Reply to Thread