Brian is very good to deal with. I vouch for him as well.

One thing to keep in mind.

One Lee Enfield is never enough. One is just enough to get you hooked.

To many, they are ugly ducklings. Most start their love affair on their first shoot. It never ends either. Mine has bee going on for close to sixty years now.

If I may give just a bit of advice, choose the model and mark you like the appearances of best. If you decide to tramp around with all the girls, it will start to get very expensive. Satisfying but still expensive.

Another thing, if you're looking for a shooter, learn how to accurize it. If you're especially lucky, you might find one that the stock hasn't shrunk or warped off the ways ( seats ). If you're having accuracy problems, that will more than likely be the reason. There are several threads here with very easily followed instructions on how to alleviate this situation.

You may also want to consider whether or not you want to buy a rifle that is slathered in cosmolene and whether or not you want to clean it up. Your call on that one. One thing I like about cleaning up the rifles after LT storage is that I get to inspect everything in detail, inside and out.

Even Lee Enfields with worn bores will shoot well. Sometimes surprisingly well.

I came across a wonderful surprise a few years ago with the aquisition of a POFicon No4 MkII rifle. It was a beautifully made rifle. It was also in as close to mint condition as any Lee Enfield I've seen and I have one still in the wrap and one that was fresh out of the wrap, just before I bought it. The POF rifle was full of cosomolene when I got it and was unusually pristine.

I wish I had the chance to measure the bores on a couple of more POF rifles. Mine measures .310, rather than .311-.313 diameter. The chamber is also tighter than any wartime built No4 I have run across. The only chamber that is as tight, is the chamber in a 1950 LongBranch. Both of these rifles, will shoot .308 to .311 bullets very well. The LB, prefers the .311 and the POF prefers the Russianicon .310 offerings.

Funny thing though, I found some POF milsurp ammunition and pulled the bullets because they wouldn't shoot well. They were .312 diameter. I replaced the powder and installed some pulled Russian 174 grain bullets. The POF became one of my most accurate Lee Enfields.

One other thing about the POF rifles, they have beautiful, straight grained, almost black, Circassian Walnut stocks. Mine doesn't have the reinforcing screw or pin but most do.