1. It appears that you are you're enjoying our Military Surplus Collectors Forums, but haven't created an account yet. As an unregistered guest, your are unable to post and are limited to the amount of viewing time you will receive, so why not take a minute to Register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to our forums and knowledge libraries, plus the ability to post your own messages and communicate directly with other members. So, if you'd like to join our community, please CLICK HERE to Register !

Already a member? Login at the top right corner of this page to stop seeing this message.

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    11-28-2021 @ 10:21 AM
    Local Date
    05-17-2024
    Local Time
    04:00 AM

US Springfield 1922 M2 questions and pics

At the Wilmington gun show this weekend I picked up a US Springfield Model 1922 M2, it is in .22 caliber. I have heard about them but had never seen one. I feel in love with it at first sight, I love to color of the wood which is very nice with a few dings here and there but a real deep color. The metal shows honest wear and is similar to a well worn 1903A3 I have, looks like a black parkerizing that is wearing away. The serial number is 65x (someone said I should never mention the serial number because someone may call BATF or the police and claim it is a stolen gun)
    The barrel is marked 7-32 with the flaming bomb. The stock has an M2 on the butt of the grip but no other cartouches. The receiver has white metal where the bolt goes and came with one magazine. The bore is really nice. I added the sight hood to it at the show.
    I have heard that most of these were refinished, this doesn’t look it to me, all the stampings are sharp. How do I tell if it was ever refinished? And what can anyone tell me about it.

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 4 Members Say Thank You to Ben Cartwright For This Useful Post: