Last On
    12-05-2022 @ 02:54 PM
    Real Name
    Donald
    Local Date
    05-20-2024
    Local Time
    04:06 AM
    Some photos from the Memorial Service for Sniper Sgt. Sandy Scott, 4th Battalion King's Own Scottish Borderers.

The first picture shows us singing What a Friend We Have in Jesus, it was a very moving service and Pastor Bill Plant, a friend of Sandy's son Mike, was very eloquent.

Mike piped in the family and played Amazing Grace during the ceremony, I'm sure many will agree with me when I say there is nothing more moving than hearing the bagpipes during a somber ceremony.

Sandy's children Ian, Karina and Mike gave the Eulogy and shared with us how much their father meant to them.

There was an opportunity after the Eulogy to share stories of Sandy and many people, myself included, related touching and hilarious memories of our time with Sandy. There were many laughs shared by those attending. I told the story of the time when Sandy and some of his men found a Germanicon paymasters money trunk during the Scheldt Campaign. It was full of Dutch guilders which they thought were worthless because of the wartime situation. They used them to start fires and boil water for tea. One of the guys took a large amount of these "worthless" guilders and later when on a few days leave in Belgiumicon he bought a hotel with his liberated money. Sandy had told us he thought the family might still own that hotel.

One special guest at the service was Geordie Davison, another member of the 4th Battalion, KOSB. Geordie lives on Vancouver Island, and at 93 years old he has an incredibly sharp mind and was happy to spend time talking about his military service. Geordie joined the KOSB in 1941, and amazingly he was also a sniper with Sandy as his Sergeant during the war. With only 8 snipers out of 800 men, given the passage of time, and the distance from Scotland, the odds of meeting both Sandy and Geordie boggle the mind. A privilege I will never forget.

The second photo shows the table with some of Sandy's most important possessions. The third photo shows the Scott family medals that Sandy proudly displayed in his home.

Last edited by enfield303t; 05-30-2016 at 02:11 AM.
    Why use a 50 pound bomb when a 500 pound bomb will do?

2. The Following 10 Members Say Thank You to enfield303t For This Useful Post: