Milsurps Talk Radio

Thread: Ross Rifle Company M10 Military Rifle - $950 (Cdn)

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Administrator

Site Owner
    Last On
    @
    Real Name
    Doug
    Local Date
    05-22-2024
    Local Time
    07:07 PM
    My Videos in Video Club

Question Ross Rifle Company M10 Military Rifle - $950 (Cdn) SOLD!

Here's one for sale that you can compare to our own 1916 Mk. III Ross Rifle (click here) entry in the Canadian section (click here) of the Milsurp Knowledge Libraryicon.

I think there's a crack in the handguard showing in the one pic that's not mentioned and I believe CRB is Candian Railway Battalion, not Canadian Rangers.

Feedback and comments anyone?

Valley Guns - Ross Rifle Company M10 1910 Military Rifle (click here)

It is hard to imagine a working piece of Canadian history in such immaculate condition. For auction is a beautifully preserved Ross M10 Canadian Military rifle in .303 Britishicon.

The Ross was the only definitively Canadian rifle ever put into service. It was withdrawn and
    discontinued from use in the Great War due to reliability in operation with the dirt that was ubiquitous in the unexpected environment of trench warfare. The Ross did, however, remain a favorite with snipers who valued the Ross for its accuracy.

This particular example is in immaculate condition. The wood is very clean, dark, and is free of any major flaws. The bore is bright with light pitting. This rifle is in working condition and I have fired it and cleaned it regularly - it is a living piece of Canadian History! The original finish is fading to a grey patina (beautiful!).

This Ross has a rare CRB marking. This designates it as being used by the Canadian Ranger Batallion. There are Dominion Proofs on various parts of the gun. I am unsure if it was issued to the Rangers after it was withdrawn from the war or if it was purpose built for that contract.

The butt trap has an (original?) bore snake style cleaning jag. Serial number on floor plate does not match. Complete rifle except for front sight hood.

Shipping FREE

Payment methods include: E-Mail Money Transfer (prefered), Paypal, Money Order, Personal Cheque (allow 2 weeks to clear), or Cash (at your own risk).

Buy Now Price - $950.00 Cdn - SOLD!
    Regards,
    Badger
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by Badger; 12-16-2006 at 09:43 AM.