+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How safe from viruses and hackers am I when using the Milsurps.Com web site?

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Hybrid View

Contributing Member muffett.2008's Avatar
    Last On
    Today @ 05:19 AM
    Real Name
    kevin muffett
    Local Date
    05-17-2024
    Local Time
    11:26 AM
    Doug. Just a heads up, my computer has recently been attacked, losing years of research and files.
    The virus was one of the Cryptolocker style, a new variation for 2016, it entered via a US FedEx notification and remained dormant until activated by a Adware Virus, and was able to bypass my Security and track into my backup storage when it was accessed by me.

The security system I was using was McAffee......the emphasis on was, it just ignored the virus and kept telling me my system was clean, even when pointed to the problem.
    The Adware virus was picked up on the Gunboards forum, since the change of ownership there seems to be a spate of strange performance issues...........now I can associate them to viral activety, my current Malware system blocking that site until I manually scan and clean the forums I used to access freely.
    Hope this warning helps others to avoid the costly loss of information.......unless they want to pay big time to retrieve it.
    So it's not just the computer at risk now, backup storage is also at risk.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to muffett.2008 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread