There is only one answer to this kind of problem that I am aware of, and it is a program known as "Deep Freeze", produced by Faronics out of Vancouver BC. Have a look at their website and corporate clients and you will see that what they have works. I have used it for years without any issues.

It is about $45 CAD for a license (per computer) and $7 a year for "maintenance" if you want it. I've never found it needed any.

The program locks up the computer on the kernel level. It is stated that you can make ANY change, install ANY program etc. and when you reboot it is all restored to the previous state. I have found this to be true in my experience. Hardly surprising since otherwise companies like MS and Toyota wouldn't be buying it!

Of course you are forced to store your data on remote drives; which is a good thing! No more losing years of work or photos etc. through hacks or hard drive crashes - unless your remote drives fail and duplicate backups is the only way to prevent that in any case.

You must "unfreeze" the system by entering a password and rebooting into an "unfrozen" state to make any permanent software changes. You can set the program to reboot unfrozen as many times in a row as you wish, or even permanently. Quite often two reboots are needed to install software for example.

You might wonder why a program like this isn't more widely known and used? I wonder that too!

Installed on a CLEAN hard drive this program ensures that NOTHING can get in for longer than one session.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.