Real Name
    Travis
    Local Date
    05-20-2024
    Local Time
    09:44 AM

Model 41 Carcano question.

Hello,

I was in the process of researching my M41 Carcano rifle when I came across some information that didnt seem to make sense to me. I have searched the internet and I have used the excellent book "The model 1891 Carcano rifle" by Giovanni Chegia, Alberto Simonelli, and Ralph Riccio. The issue I found is with the manufacturer and the serial number on the rifle. you can see both in the photos below. The manufacturers were given blocks of serial numbers to run and with my particular rifle the manufacturer is marked as Terni but the serial number falls in the Armaguerra manufacturing block. My question is how would this happen and has anyone seen it on their rifles. It cant just be mismatched parts because both markings are on the barrel right next to each other. You can see in the picture that I took of the serial number ranges from the book mentioned above that the QTXXXX serial number range is not found under the Terni manufacture. Plus the Terni stamp says this rifle was manufactured in 1941 but that serial number is listed as 1943. Thanks for any insight.

Edit: I have added a few more pictures to the ones below. I was advised to check under the wood line for any additional dates and markings but it turns out there is very little to go off of there as well. This is completely unlike the other 5 carcanos I own. They are all covered in markings. Thanks again.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by LTPayton88; 09-30-2021 at 11:56 AM.