Okay fella's you are going to have to forgive me for my lack of knowledge of Arisakaicon Type 99 rifles. In my prior post Finely Got it Arisaka Type 99 carbine I mistakenly identified the rifle I bought as a Short Rifle (not carbine, I understand this now), not sure where I got the idea it was. Anyhow, I have been studying about the rifle (and have a book on order) and like JROD said the rifle I have is a series 23 out of Kokura arsenal.

It's missing the cleaning rod and I discovered by reading Conrad Hilsdorf's website "A Guide to the Japanese Type 99 Arisaka Rifle" that the version of the rifle I have used a short push in style cleaning rod that is 5 3/4" in length.

From what I understand in reading this page that the short 5 3/4" rod was only used on " very late 23rd series and very early 24th series Kokura rifles" and therefore hard to find.

Until I can find one, I was thinking perhaps I could purchase a reproduction Japanese Arisaka Type II Paratrooper Cleaning Rod and cut it down.

Would one of you fine gentleman have one of the Type II cleaning rods and would be willing to measure from the top of the rod to the bottom of the the section just past the area that lock in the square retainer on the bottom of the fore stock?

Here is a picture of the correct cleaning rod for my 23 series rifle;
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.