Hello, all. I have several bayonets & knives but am by no means a collector. Well, maybe a casual collector, one who buys something that catches his eye but doesn't know what it is. Today, at our local gun show I picked up what I am sure is a Ka Bar USMC fighting knife. On the left side at the ricasso is stamped "KA BAR", on the right the lettering is almost illegible and appears to have been ground off but appears to be "USMC". The leather washers on the handle are still in decent shape and tight. There is no writing on the hilt like there is on some US military knives nor is there any writing on the pommel. The stitching on the sheath is intact, the staples have a greenish cast and the lower half of the sheath is in well used but good shape. The snap clasp works and is in good shape but the leather on the top of the loop is in poor shape. There is no factory writing on the front or back of the sheath. Unfortunately, it appears the edge has been machine sharpened. Like I said earlier I believe this to be a USMC fighting knife but maybe you guys can give me an education and more information. I'm including photos of: 1. knife & sheath, 2. left side of knife with "KA BAR", 3. right side of knife with what I believe to be "USMC", 4. a line drawing of what I can see on the right side. Thanks for helping me learn.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.