(Edged Weapons Forum)
    Last On
    02-23-2016 @ 03:41 PM
    Local Date
    06-12-2024
    Local Time
    07:38 PM

Yugo 48 BO VS 24/47

I got lucky today at a shop over in PA. I picked up a real clean Carcano, South American (Chileicon) 7m/m nice shape and another Yugoicon, a 24/47 mint for a little under $500.00. Now I have the 48 BO and it shoots like dickens, 2" to 3" off the hard rest, I am wondering how the 24/47 will stack-up against it. I still have a few cases of assorted surplus that I've been using with the BO so it should be a nice head to head type thing. I am also pondering making a knock off Yugo sniper in the future but have no idea where to get the scope/mounts. That will be for another day. Do any of you fellows have a preference of one or the other?-SDH
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

Senior Moderator
    (Founding Partner)

Site Founder
    Last On
    05-31-2024 @ 09:58 PM
    Real Name
    Ronald
    Local Date
    06-12-2024
    Local Time
    08:38 PM
    The 24/47 will invariably have a slicker action, though your BO will likely be in better shape. I'll bet they both shoot about hte same if condition is similar.

If you want a repro sniper, look for an M48 or M48A. I doubt any were made on BO's or 24/47's originally.
    Союз нерушимый республик свободных Сплотила навеки Великая Русь. Да здравствует созданный волей народов Единый, могучий Советский Союз!

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
    (Edged Weapons Forum)
    Last On
    02-23-2016 @ 03:41 PM
    Local Date
    06-12-2024
    Local Time
    07:38 PM
    They are both in mint condition, I'm bringing along son #1 to help with the shooting. This way I don't favor one or the other. The 24/47 is just a bit on the smooth side, but, the BO is almost as nice. I'm going to cheat a little and set them both at a 4.5 lb trigger pull with .125" take-up on the first stage (a personal favorite). I think the BO may have a bit more muzzle blast, but, shouldn't have too much impact, this could be lots of fun, keep you posted-SDH

+ Reply to Thread