NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    10-22-2015 @ 11:08 PM
    Local Date
    06-13-2024
    Local Time
    01:49 AM

Computers again

Since we have been discussing computers lately I thought I would bring up something I did. I am no puter whiz but ever since I downloaded Internet Explorer 7 and now 8, I have been having trouble with frozen screens, and over all slow operation. I happened to see the download for Google Crome and said, "can't be any worse" so I downloaded it. So far it has cured my problems. I even tried FireFox and was having trouble with it lately. Hope this Crome thing works for a long while. Oh yes I am running Windows XP pro. Anybody else tried this Crome OS yet?
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

FREE MEMBER
    Last On
    04-17-2014 @ 08:45 PM
    Local Date
    06-13-2024
    Local Time
    If you are on Yahoo, you will most likely have the same problem in a week or so. Yahoo e mail is having problems.

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
    FREE MEMBER
    Last On
    08-23-2009 @ 06:41 PM
    Local Date
    06-13-2024
    Local Time
    You state that you are running Windows XP Pro, but you don't state how much memory is installed on your system. This will have an effect on how well IE 7 and/or 8 play with the rest of your system.

I have loaded IE 8 on one of my machines and the performance was degraded and we have decided not to go to IE 8 at work till we absolutely have to.

As for Chrome...I had it on my work machine and I saw no difference in the performance of my machine or any of the web pages that I go to so I dumped it.

+ Reply to Thread