Ok, I've been busy with life (including changing jobs) but still I managed to keep my peace of mind by working on guns a little bit on most evenings lately.

I recently acquired a sporterized Jungle No5 Lee Enfield. No handguard, shortened forend, good-for-scrap butt stock. So really, just a good barreled action, with proper, matching bolt and correct 800 yards rear sight.

The flash hider, for some reason, had been cleaned from its blueing. Go figure.

So, I reblued it. Now I don't have suncorite so the difference in surface texture and exact color will remain, but hey, I did what I reasonably could.

I got a reproduction forend and repro handguard from Numrich (no butt stock in stock at the time). Both showed a really poor attempt at staining. So I stripped them. They are not exact reproductions though. Originals would have been better.

Brian from BDLicon LTD found a cracked butt stock in his warehouse (thanks Brian!), so I gladly took it and repaired it. Still remains to be proven if my repair will hold. I had to open the crack, inject glue with a syringe and also added two dowels vertically from beneath. Now there already was a repaired chunk on it, it's a neat one.

I then stained the wood parts pale walnut. I hope my repair to the butt stock holds, I will shoot the rifle soon.

Cheers!

Lou
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.