Posted on CGN ....

.22 Long Branch Cno7 1944 (click here)

If you can't view the advertisement, it's probably due to the fact that you have to subscribe to the EE (Equipment Exchange) forums on CGN in order to view them, or the ad has been deleted.

Seller says:

Funding a larger project, so some of the lesser used toys have to be sacrificed.

Offerred here is a Cno7 .22 Lee Enfield training rifle. It has the early 44 dated receiver, excellent bore, and the best wood I can find. Bedding is right on, and all parts are Canadianicon. The butt has a nice big C/l\ mark right next to the big number 4 rack number. It has the target swivel, and comes with a .22 chest which still has the origional WW2 paint and markings (was not repainted to the semi gloss OD like most of them), along with an origional cleaning rod, and an origional RCMP marked sling, and a bunch of origional targets, some DCRA and some cadet.

There are only two downsides to this rifle. The first is there is a small ding on the upper rear handgaurd, as shown in the photo. Secondly, and this is the big one, it has one of the recycled Cno7 receivers. For more information on this, check the following link over at the milsurps forum: Military Surplus Collectors Forums

There you will find everything you could have wanted to know, and them some by some long winded know-it-all. (me ) Note that the rifle(s) illustrated in the article are not this one. Anyway, this one does not have a proper serial number for it's type or year; whoever serialised it merely used 4 digits. Also, the bolt appears to be almost new, and unserialised (not merely burnished).

Don't let the above warnings put you off too much. This is a nice rifle and I believe anyone would be satisfied with it as a shooter.

I am working on photos now, so here are a couple to start with. I'll add more as they come out .

Asking price is $900 plus shipping. EMT works best but I can work with what you have. As always, first "I'll take it" wins over guys who want to ask questions over a period of days. Also, if you just want more photos with no intention of really buying, head over to the link listed earlier. Badgerdog takes much better photos than I can anyway.
Regards,
Badger
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.