Gentleman, I picked up a bubba at the Roanoke Gun show. Hack saw applied, I have a snub nose 1896. What is left of the bore is very good. I may work on the crown and shoot it. Action has no holes drilled in it so home it came. It has an interesting sling. But It does not make sense. It is 52 in. long, 1 1/4in. wide with claws that are 3/16 wide and the spread from side to side across both tangs is ¾ in. There is no slit and grommet. It had little slack adjustment, I took the front swivel off to remove it from the rifle as I wanted to handle it lightly to inspect the condition. It is very dirty but sound. It has lots of holes for the tangs but they do not make sense. There are 16 rows of holes on the tang side extending 21 ½ in. and from the opposite end 10 rows of holes over 12 ¼ in. of the sling. The stub end is a proper looking curve, evenly cut. Do any of you think this was cut down or a two piece rig of some sort. No stampins on the leather or brass as I can find with light cleaning. Thanks JB
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.