Threaded View

Last On
    05-13-2024 @ 05:18 PM
    Local Date
    06-03-2024
    Local Time
    03:43 PM

Story time: Proud new owner of No.4 Long Branch

Happy Day!!! One of those things that always seems to happen to "the other guy" finally happened to me today.

Had just gotten off work when a friend of mine at the local gun shop gave me a call. A guy was bringing in some "old military rifles, one of them is an Enfield" to sell if I wanted to take a look. So I drove over. Arrived about the same time as the fellow wanting to sell the rifles, and asked to look at the Enfield. He pulled out a minty looking 1950 dated Long Branch C.No.4 Mk.I*. I tried to refrain from drooling too much and asked that he wanted for it...... He replied $175......

Almost ripped a hole in my trousers getting my wallet out

In addition too the rifle he gave me a Canadianicon marked sling, a new in the wrap spike bayonet, two boxes of UMC 303 Britishicon, a commercial canvas rifle case and an unopened package of A-Zoom 303 snap caps. Happy happy....

According to the fellow who sold me the rifle, he bought it ten years ago and had never fired it, it had just been sitting in his closet and he wanted the money for some new high tech wizz bang 9mm pistol.....

Now the good part, got my new girl home and cleaned her up.... she collected a lot of dust sitting in that closet.... and found...

Bolt and receiver are matching (number 92L37XX) all parts are C.A.L. Long Branch marked, with steel butt plate, fish tail locking bolt, and stamped C. Mk.IV rear sight. Over all she has a very nice blued finish. Both the action body and the barrel are 1950 dated, and the bore is mirror bright. The wood is near perfect, with one little ding in the forearm just back from the middle band and no billboard or dot matrix import stamp of death, just a small Century stamp on the underside of the barrel. I am wondering if she might have been Greek issue as the magazine has been serial numbered to the rifle. The number is right on the bottom just forward of the trigger guard when seated in the rifle and was obviously done with individual hand stamps.

Just wanted to share my story with people who would appreciate it (my family, friends and fiancé seem to tune out when I mention Enfields ) Now if I can just get some range time and see how she shoots.....
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to Sht_LE For This Useful Post: