Hello, I recently got a few guns out of an old collection and could not resist picking up this Model 12, it was in great shape and had all kinds of military markings as the pics show in part, including cartouches. Serial number makes for a production date of 1942, althought the 1942 Carrier Yorktown was sunk at Midway, so the Yorktown property stickers must have been a later boat...
Anyway, this Model 12 has been rebarrelled at some point (much less wear on the finish) to a 28 inch full choke barrel.

So, I am wondering if this gun might have started life as a trench gun of some sort, and if so it might be possible to get it back (correctly) to its earlier state..I have not had a military shotgun before so I will appreciate any help, including value and whether to leave it as is or try to track down a correct barrel assembly. I am assuming it was rebarreled for skeet shooting off the fantail, but I dont know. Thanks in advance for any help.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.