A friend has a parts set with the torch cut receiver. He has cut out reside from the cutting torch and assembled the receiver parts on the butt slide. He intends to use it as a display gun for his study.He keeps the receiver parts from sliding off the front of the butt slide some nylon electrical cable ties.

He was wondering if he could tack the pieces of the receiver together with a small amount of weld at each of the cuts so they don't move when he operates the bolt. I am concerned that the BATFE might view any effort to reattach the receiver parts even for display purposes as turning the parts set into a machine gun.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Fifteen years ago I was fortunate enough to stumble upon a Bren gun picked up by a U.S. CID officer visiting the Alamein battlefield a few days after the end of the battle. He somehow got it home, hid it in his basement, and registered in 1968 during the amnesty. It was made in 1938 and has S. African property marks on the receiver. I was able to buy it from his son. I have shot it many times and it is truly the ultimate light machine gun.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.