Hi All,
I am doing research on my M1 Garand and just want to see what if any information any of you out there might have. I completely understand that most records have either been lost or destroyed over time by the military. I am currently in the Marine Corps and I understand how information can be lost by the military.
I know that this is probably going to be a search to no avail and that lots of other people are looking for the same info on their rifles too. Please do not respond with the answer of use the search function as believe me I have done many searches over time and I know how to do that. Please only reply if you have anything to add.
I am intrigued by the history of these weapons. The storys it could tell would probably be amazing. Being that both my grandfathers fought in WWII one in the Navy and one in the Marines that just adds all the more to my interest.
Before I leave let me tell you guys some of the things I have tried already. I have submitted a freedom of information search as detailed here New Page 1 (I am not holding my breath on this). Also I am a subscriber to the Springfield research here U.S.MARTIAL ARMS Springfield Research Newsletter - Home. I also found out quite a bit of good information from the good people of the CMPicon where I bought the M1 this is their sight M1 Garand Sales and CMP Forums - Powered by vBulletin.
Let me know if I’m missing out on anything.
"...The M1 was the Greatest battle implement ever devised." - General George Patton
Thanks and Semper Fi!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.