05-24-2021 @ 08:44 AM
    Real Name
    Tom
    Local Date
    06-24-2024
    Local Time
    03:23 AM

New Sarco No 4 Mk I T scope mount

Today I received a long awaited package from Sarco. $149.95 for a new T mount. With fear and trepidation (due to the horror stories) I carefully installed it on my BSA sniper- it threaded on very nicely.
    Then, I removed the caps, keeping them lined up how they came off (no numbers stamped on to help you on this series). My Weaver K2.5 scope dropped right in, no misalignment problems showed up. I checked very carefully, didn't want to tweak the scope tube.
    Now, Sarco mounts are famous for having too much left windage. Not this mount, very close to perfect, if anything it has slight right windage.

One issue is, the front hole might be a trifle tight...when you thread it off the mount doesn't fall off, it has to be pulled a bit. Not mil spec but not too bad either.
    A member on Canadianicon Gun Nutz had an issue with the Sarco mounting screws being undersized, so I compared the fit between my Long Branch mount screws to thread and these ones. The Long Branch ones are indeed snugger, not by much but noticeably so.

IMHO, it's a great deal for the money!

BTW, Warren has my No 32 scope. For now I'll have to struggle by with the TP look...

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by Cantom; 01-30-2008 at 04:54 PM.

2. Thank You to Cantom For This Useful Post: