Well, I was in Wolverine Supplies today (road trip ) and I saw this new book by Major John Plaster, USAR (Ret.). You may know him from such books as The Ultimate Sniper.

Its a hardcover book with 687 pages. Easy reading and lots of pictures. Starts with sharpshooters from the 1600's and explains about the skills involved and the capabilities and limitations of the weapons of the time. There are also a lot of side notes and biographies on famous shooters from the beginning to the present as well as archival pictures.

The book details weapon developments by different countries and points out turning points of different battles with the use of sharpshooters. There are great pictures of all kinds of weapons, scopes and ammunition.

The only downfall of the book is that the pictures are all in Black and White. Not a big deal but some of the modern pics would be better in color.

The book is so modern that it included Cpl. Robert Furlong's record shot in Afghanistan and mentions the PPCLI there. It also mentions Iraqi snipers and their priorities and the US sniping in Iraq.

Overall I would highly recommend the book for anyone interested in sniping and its history.

Wolverine has the book for $79.95 (well worth the money in my opinion.)

Here are some pic's of the book.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.