This is my first Czechicon Rifle. Picked it up at a gun show without even knowing exactly what it was, (the owner only referred to it as a "BRNO 98") but I figured any BRNO had to be worth more than $140 so was a good deal, even though the stock was sanded. Private transaction too. No taxes or paperwork involved. After I got it home, I noticed the importers mark up on the barrel. 98/22. Ohh-Kay. So now I know what it is. Still knew nothing of that model though.
The numbers on the sight are in (?) Farsi? Turk?? Something like that there??? But there's no other indication of Turk ownership- No Crescent or anything like that. I have since read about a Turk contract, thus the sight markings,but I read that the Turk contract is supposed to have an "E" prefix. Mine has an "A".
The owner had $175 on the tag but said he'd take $150 for it. I roamed around a bit then came back ad asked him if he'd go $140. He thought about it a minute and said "'yeah."
Here's the pics. So how'd I do?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.