Last On
    10-08-2019 @ 07:49 PM
    Local Date
    09-21-2024
    Local Time
    03:21 AM

The poor man's K98k rifle grenade launcher

I hope I'd look this good after spending 60 years in the Polish mud:

I bought this some time ago, but it just arrived this week via slow boat from Poland. It's a Gewehr Granat Gerät 42, and a much prettier one is shown in the Germanicon MKLicon. I picked it up as a placeholder for my collection, never figured I'd come accross an economically priced one, but I since have an am now waiting on it to be delivered

In the meantime I has my '44 Walther G43 on hand, so I threw it on and snapped a few glamour shots. It fits like a glove, which makes me wonder if they were ever used with these rifles? I'm not sure how well the G43's gas system would react though.

I also picked up a Gewehrsprenggranate (rifle grenade) to display with it, here is is ready to rock:

The years of corossion have unfortunatly erased the WaA's and model stamps, but remarkably the hinges and screw still work perfectly. I haven't tried getting the launching cup to unscrew yet, for fear of the threads crumbling when I remove it, but there is still fairly strong rifling in the tube, although I'd describe it's "bore" as...."slightly frosted"
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to Skippy For This Useful Post: