Ever since they were talked about on CGN and they became avalible to the Canadian shooting public I've been wondering to get one or not. I'd really like a 308Win version of the No.4 rifles so these did seem like the best opinion. But a little while ago since the talk on CGN I came to my senses about getting one. For many reasons, cost was a big factor not because of its 800$ price tag. But because for 800$ I'd buy one without question the moment I had enough in the bank if it was made in Australiaicon, Canadaicon or the US but I wouldn't buy one made in Vietnam or China etc for that much especially when I can buy a Norinco M14icon type rifle for half that. As well as a few other things like missing bayonet lugs and stripper clip guides making it for me not a clone of the No.4 but a sporter rifle. Sort of like calling a Win M70 (or any other Claw Feed Mauser type action) a K98kicon if you dressed it in the right wood it just isnt the same.

As for the issues in Quality Control at whatever factory in Vietnam is making them, only one good way to test that to buy a gun and feed it a few proof loads, I'd start with the standard 70,000PSI and see how many of them it can take before failing. Or you could get it tested for its composition and the like if you had a much bigger budget. But that would be less fun anyways!

Dimitri