I think I'll start looking for these more seriously now and stick the extras I find on eBay ....

Sold for $255.00 U.S.

Seller said:

Chest for British Lee Enfield #4 MkI(T) Sniper Rifle - eBay (item 220219935296 end time Apr-12-08 16:52:39 PDT)

OK, folks, here it is! What I believe to be a genuine, albeit obviously refurbished, transit chest for your #4 sniper. In the past, I used it to house a #7MkI trainer, but have no further use for it as that gun is long since sold now (our interests and priorities are ever changing)! So if your #4 needs a chest to rest in, here it is.

Nomenclature: Chest, S.A., No. 15, MkI. See Any of Skennerton’s various incarnations of books on the Lee-Enfield series for reference. It measures approximately 46 ¾“L by 4 ¾“W by 8 1/8“H. Now folks, I am in no way an expert on this or any other accessory, nor do I claim to be one. For a while, I accumulated such things, and read whatever published research material I could. I do not participate in online discussion groups, and don’t really want to hold one here, either. So just refer to the photos, I think I got it from about all angles....

I sincerely apologize to 99.9% of you readers for this, but must make the following patently obvious statement/disclaimer... The rifle (yes, I know it’s not a sniper, thanks...) shown in the chest is NOT INCLUDED, and is not available for purchase.

Due to the weight and girth of this chest, shipping will be a flat $25 (hopefully that will cover it) to the lower 48. Any others, ask.

Payment is expected within 7 mailing days after end of auction. NO EXCEPTIONS. We accept PAYPAL, CERTIFIED CHECK, or USPS MONEY ORDER ONLY. We ship by USPS Priority Mail only, sorry, no exceptions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Apr-03-08 at 19:36:44 PDT, seller added the following information:

*NEW INFORMATION*

OK, folks, like I said, I'm no expert on this stuff. Now Ian Skennertonicon hasn't called in on it just yet, but other "experts" are informing me that this is a chest solely for the #7 trainer (no one specified whether that would be the British or Canadianicon version, but I had a BSA #7...). Does that make it even more of a rarity then? I don't know. I do know, however, that either rifle will fit in it, because I have put both types in it in the past. I do NOT know if your #4 MkI(T) scope can would fit in as well, as I never had one. In EITHER CASE, this chest will hold one Lee-Enfield rifle with the basic profile of a #4 MkI. That's really all I can tell you at this point, so please bid accordingly, and thank you for your continued interest!
Regards,
Badger
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.