This doesn't sound right to me. Comments?

Actually, after reading it through again, it sounds like complete fabrication.

Yes, a 1942 No4 Sniper for $1300.

We are refering to a rifle very close to the early days of the Britishicon WW2 Sniper program.

Most of us have seen the 1944 and 1945 dated T's with all the established proofs, accoutrements, and some evidence of history with the depot armourers we can trace back.

We are talking about a 1942 Sniper here! The book hadn't been written yet and here is what we know.

It is an all Savage 1942 rifle that was taken as new and converted to a T by Enfield in 1942 except he front sight blade is very fine and Brit.

It is an extremely clean rifle has crate wear in the form of dings and dents typical of being in boxes and on racks.
The Enfield cyphers are evident on the metal and wood...take note...not BSA!
BSA Shirley M47C made most of the Sniper candidates much later and they followed long established specifications.

Enfield made up the first group of Brit Snipers. Apparently the program moved forward and this is where the Savage connection apparently began.

New Savages were being delivered to the UK. A number of these were used as Sniper candidates thru the installation of early Enfield 5 groove barrels, the revision to the sight, and the addition of the Sniper Scope pads.
These rifles for the most part were not finished in to complete kits with Scopes and transit boxes. I have been told that there was a need for them and then Brit rifles and scopes filled in this perceived gap. Most will agree that the scopes were the hardest component of the Commonwealth Sniper program for the suppliers to deliver.

This rifle does not exibit later attributes such as marked with a T, it is not, it does not have any BSA proofs the later rifles have, as it was an Enfield conversion. The bases are not staked, that was done when a scoped rifle came in from the field for a tune up by an armourer after being issued for awhile.

I asked to see the handguards off the rifle before taking it in so I could make sure it was an early Enfield barrel.

The rifle has been back in Canadaicon for some time and has been up North.
This rifle has not been messed with as long as I have known about it, that's the only guarantee I can give. I have asked several people with T backgrounds to give an opinion on the rifle and it's value and we think it's the real deal. Remember the saying to buy the rifle and not the story.

I have priced this rifle based on a decent unscoped Brit rifle.
Should I keep it? Probably! Is it a good long term investment? Probably!
Please pm me with questions etc.
Priced at $1300 plus shipping Cheers Paul

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.